Stuffed Mushroom Balls
20 mushrooms caps
1 cup grated white cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 egg white or whole egg
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
2 cups panko breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
1 cup flour
1 cup beer
Oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, wash, and dry the mushrooms. Mix the two grated cheeses together, add the oregano, basil, and egg white or the whole egg if you prefer. Add salt and pepper your taste. Stuff each piece with cheese mixture and set aside.
- In large bowl put flour, salt and beer mix it together until you get a very smooth batter. Dip each piece of mushrooms into the batter and allow the excess batter to drip off.
- In another large add panko breadcrumbs and roll the mushrooms into the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for all the mushroom pieces.
- In deep fryer heat the oil, when it is hot enough drop few pieces at a time, fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain it on paper towel.
- Serve hot with main dish and salad.