Artichoke Hearts with Olive Oil
10 small artichokes
1/2 medium onion
4 cloves minced garlic
5 slices of lemon
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 mashed cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
In a large saucepan, put 6 cups of water; add onion, garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Bring the water to boiling point.
Clean, peel off and discard the outer hard leaves from each piece of artichokes. Rub the pieces of artichoke with lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Then pull the fuzzy part out from the center of each piece then rub it with lemon juice.
Drop the artichoke in the boiling water cook until tender. Put the artichoke Pieces under running cold water for 5 – 8 seconds, let them cool down then cut them to cubes. Mix minced garlic, lemon juice; olive oil together. Add salt to taste toss with artichoke pieces.
Garnish with chopped parsley and Serve hot or cold.
- How to Make Stuffed Zucchini
- How to Make Stuffed Eggplant Slices
- How to Make Baked Chicken and Vegetables
- How to Make Fried Stuffed Sardine with Parsley and Cheese
- How to Make Stuffed Sardine
- How to make Meat Pastry
- How to Make Green Beans Salad with Olive Oil
- How to Make Vegetable Salad with Toasted Bread (Fatoosh)
- How to make Mix Color Bread
- How to Make Artichoke with Vegetables